Wednesday, January 7, 2015

{ARC Review} Last Call by Alice Clayton

Last Call (Cocktail, #4.5)Last Call by Alice Clayton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this book from the author for an honest review.

It is a bittersweet end to the Cocktail series. I have had some mixed feelings about the ending of it all. I read Wallbanger**FANTASTIC** three years ago. Then I read Last Call. I am read this book and I have to say that I did not feel connection with Last Call. It just was not a book I wanted to read over and over again, like Wallbanger.

Ms. Clayton had some funny lines and of course I loved all things Carolyn and Simon had to say or any scene (all) that they were in.

I have thought about this feeling I am having about this book and I think, this could be my fault. I did not read Rusty Nail and because of that some information could have been lost that I would have appreciated if I had read the book. I was not lost in translation, but I just was not in it, you know.

I met this wonderful non-orthodox couple who three years, thought they had nothing in common except hooking up old friends with new friends, an uncommon six degrees of separation with Carolyn’s boss’ husband and baked goods.

Three years ago, I was falling out of my chair at the bookstore laughing my ass off.
About a month ago when I read this, I was totally laughing once again, because Clayton can tell a great story. I was just bummed that I just didn’t connect like I did with Wallbanger.

Just like a drink I am not 100% in love with at the bar, I finished it and cherished what I learned about it, not to drink it again or maybe add a chaser. This chaser would be Rusty Nail. I think I will give Last Call another chance by reading the predecessor to its fade to black.

I can say this: I loved the shower scene and the defining statement that is not a question. I loved how all the characters from her books past, even our Gorgeous redhead, was discussed or present. I loved the new beginnings and that Clive once again brought up the rear. What I loved most of all was that this book was about new discoveries and how we have to grow to get to what we want in life.

Happy Reading.



View all my reviews

No comments: