Monday, February 17, 2014

Tears of Tess

Tears of Tess (Monsters in the Dark, #1)Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received this ARC from NetGalley for an honest review:

Pepper Winters has messed with my mind in the most delicious way possible. Tears of Tess has redefined dark erotica for me. This was one hellish journey. I seriously had to reread pages twice to ensure I read what was written correctly. I mean, WOW.

I love Tess’ fight. Her determination. The power she has but doesn’t know.

I loathed Q. He is an asshat. That man makes me crazy. I literally had pure hate for him at the beginning of this book. But I wanted more of him towards the end. I kept thinking how did Pepper do this to me and why?

I cannot give any spoilers. You have to read it. If you love The Dark Duet series this is most definitely the story for you.
This book took my breath away and made me cry. I was weak when Tess was weak and I was victorious when she was.

When I finished the book, I was wondering why my reading percentage was at 97%. Then I discovered that Pepper gave me a sneak peak at the second book. And this book is about, wait for it… Q (the kidnapper). I know! WTF! It will be from his POV and it is already available.
Yes, I will be reading it but must take a mental break to put myself back together because Pepper's story not only redefine me, but it broke me into pieces.

Happy Reading.


View all my reviews

No comments: