Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Wanted


Synopsis:
He is everything I crave, all I desperately want—and he is everything I can’t have.
Evan Black embodies my every fantasy. He is brilliant, fierce, and devastatingly handsome. But he is also headstrong, dangerous, and burdened with secrets.
My family warned me to stay away, that I could never handle Evan’s dark dealings or scarred past. Maybe I should have listened. Maybe I should have run. But our desire is undeniable, and some temptations you just can’t fight.
And from the moment we touch—the passion between us consuming us both—I know that I will never be the same.

Characters:
Angelina (Angie/Lina) Hayden Raine: Recent college graduate who is in love with Evan Black. Evan is a family friend who has been present in Angelina’s life for eight years. Evan does not know it but he controls her (Angelina’s) mind, body, and spirit. Angelina recently lost her Uncle Jahn and is having a difficult time with the lost. With this change in her life it requires her to make some changes in her life. This could effect her friendship with Evan.

Evan Black: Student. Entrepreneur. Sexy Beast. Dominate/Leader of the Three Dog Knights. He sets the tone of the room when he enters. People have been known to separate and move when he is walking by them. He takes your breathe away. He has the best self control, but with in his life, this is needed. He is clueless about Angelina’s love lust?

Power of the Pen:
I was amazed with the dialog and the dynamics of the story.
Katrina (Kat) Laron (a friend she meet under impulsive circumstances and Flynn (her old roommate who she lost her virginity to. I know right) are Angelina’s best friends and their sections in the book are brief but their statements are dynamic.

“The whole thing sucks. It’s so unfair. Your uncle was too damn cool to die.” (Kat)
“I guess the universe doesn’t give a shit about coolness.” (Angelina)
“The universe can be a raving bitch sometimes.”  (Kat)

True story Kat, very true story.

“Oh, I don’t have a career plan. Just a goal.” (Kat)
“Rich.” (Kat and Angelina say at the same time, while laughing)
“So how’s that working out for you so far?” (Angelina)
“Apparently the road to riches isn’t paved with coffee filter. At least not unless you’re the dud who invented Starbucks.” (Kat)

Angelina’s self talk was real. It helps you get a better understanding of her: “Could he tell what I was thinking? Was he going to think of me now as Jahn’s gawkish niece? The one with the schoolgirl crush?”

When reading this story you will find that Angelina’s character grows. Similar to a butterfly. I believe (at the beginning of the book) that she is in a cocoon and she is denying herself her need, her freedom, her new self.
When she breaks free, it is a wonderful development in this book. I enjoy her interactions with Evan and the other Dog Knights (Cole and Tyler).

Evan’s story is powerful, just as he is, OMG. He had my jaw dropping on several different occasions. His verbiage was swoon worth. Women fancy him and he is very much aware of this.

Defining Statement:
Trust me on this, Lina. I know all about control.” (Evan)
“You’re not seriously going to stand there and tell me I’m wrong? I felt it Evan, I felt you.” (Angelina)
“It was a mistake.” (Evan)  Ouch, that had to hurt!

Powerful scene:
“In that case, control me.” (Angelina)

Overall and Recommendation:
The beginning of book read so well, It was smooth and keep me very intrigued. The middle section defined the story and gave it so much edge and class. I really placed this, at that time, as a new directions in writing (loved it), but this we get to the end and I found the story to move at warp speed. Everything was moving similar so rapidly. I was able to follow and I love the storyline, I just think this could be a problem with some of the readers.


I have only read one book by J. Kenner and it was the first book of the Stark Trilogy. I am a fan and plan to read the remainder of the Wanted series. From Goodreads it appears it will be a book or more series. I am so excited to see where J. Kenner takes us.

No comments: