Sunday, December 15, 2013

Layers Deep

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
By now you have heard of the story and how very good this book is.

This may be a short read but it is powerful.

The character development: Allie and Tristan.

The storyline: sex trafficking, drugs, powerful men, and love, and that damn ending.

I am not going to give any spoilers for this story, it is a must read.

This book is 4.5 stars for me.

I was upset that the publisher, author, whomever, chose this cover. I am following another trilogy, and this is the cover they are using.

After reading the book, I understand the cover; but really are there no other covers out there.

Let’s start with the beginning:
He needs her to save a friend.
She needs him to plan her revenge.
Their pasts scar them Layers Deep.
Their passion distracts them...
...and distractions can be fatal.

The description of Tristan is unreal. He is depicted as gorgeous with scars.

…that white scar, slightly off center on his upper lip, added to the aura of extra danger about hime. I wondered who had blessed him with the sexy feature. [Allie]

These scars are physically and emotionally.

Cross was too hot for his own good. I couldn’t let his Zeus-like looks and charming mouth derail my plan. [Allie]

He is a strong and dominant male that knows what he wants and can learn your secret at the drop of hat. He is also dominant in asking two-way questions.

[Cross] “Do you always swallow your shots in one gulp?” Cross leaned in closer.
…His mouth said one thing but tone and body implied something else. A yearning I'd wanted discovered; preferably in his bed.


[Allie] “Yes, I always swallow well.”

Allie is determined and emotionally hidden. Her goal is revenge and in her mind she will stop at nothing to complete her task. She is very family oriented and would die to save the life’s of others. She is loyal and is good at reading people. She is able to let go with Tristan. Be a woman and be taken care of.

My body ached in all the right places, ready to be touched and caressed by his manicured hands. [Allie]

…But I knew I would have Cross sliding between my legs sooner than he thought before he hired me. [Allie]

The storyline about trafficking is becoming a dominant force in books lately. Lacey gives us glimpses of trafficking and makes it easy to follow. Besides the traumatic sections of the book; there is also mystery and suspense to keep you eager to read.

The story moves at a great speed. The romance in the story pulls you in and has you rooting for the Hero and Heroine.

She [Lacey] drives you to a specific location. Your need to the love with Tristan and Allie is obvious but I must say, all things can change with a sentence or two, and Lacey really got me to change my mind. I was like… SERIOUSLY!

I really believe this is going to be a powerful series, which will be loved by many. I am eager for the next part of the story, because that ending was…


No comments: