Monday, December 9, 2013

Gabriel's Redemption

Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3)Gabriel's Redemption by Sylvain Reynard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:
Professor Gabriel Emerson has left his position at the University of Toronto to embark on a new life with his beloved Julianne. Together, he’s confident that they can face any challenge. And he’s eager to become a father.

But Julianne’s graduate program threatens Gabriel’s plans, as the pressures of being a student become all consuming. When she is given the honor of presenting an academic lecture at Oxford, Gabriel is forced to confront Julianne about the subject of her presentation—research that conflicts with his own. And in Oxford, several individuals from their past appear, including an old nemesis intent on humiliating Julia and exposing one of Gabriel’s darkest secrets.

In an effort to confront his remaining demons, Gabriel begins a quest to discover more about his biological parents, beginning a chain of events that has startling repercussions for himself, Julianne, and his hope of having a family.

Overall Review:
It took me awhile to get into this book, which was disappointing at first. Really, I was thinking that he should have stopped at book two, but I was WRONG. The book (for me) just read, in the beginning, so slow. But I was determined, and I found that this book was so good. It was not like the others were in the beginning. I felt like I knew them (Gabriel and Julianne) in this book. But I realize I didn’t and before the 50% marker on my eReader, it was impossible for me to part from their love story.

The author chooses to tell us about everyone in the other two books. This was FABULOUS. I was so happy to know what happen to each of them. It was such great closure.

Gabriel and Julianne are not the perfect couple; I saw them to be (in my mind) after book two.
They fought so hard and they are still fighting. That was disconcerting for me. I did not want the fictional fantasy story with no struggle but they were put through the ringer in this book. I felt it to. It was emotionally taxing.

There were so many venomous people that needed to be exterminated, effective immediately. They were totally killing my newlywed effect.

I can say that there declaration of love that is voiced in this book, it so swoon worthy.
Their words are highlight and bookmark, worthy.

You would never have found me to say this in the past books, but Gabriel is on a different path than Julianne.
They do want the same thing but, just not at the same time.

Gabriel wants something that Julianne is just not ready for. He is so patient with her.

I have learned that this entire book is about patience. And this has been taught in this book.
As always, I learned a few things in this book. Gabriel has advanced on my fictional list of numbered fiction boyfriends. He is all man, dominating and intelligent on it at times, I wanted to jump in the book and switch places with Julianne.

You must read the other two books to understand this book to it’s fullest.

This is a good read.

Happy Reading.


View all my reviews

No comments: