Thursday, January 8, 2015

{Review} Brokered Submission by Claire Thompson

Brokered SubmissionBrokered Submission by Claire Thompson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The opening of this book presents two people who had worked on a project for a while, for work, and began to become attracted to one another. Zoe receives some dishearten information and Dylan, who is a Dom, notices her emotional distress he takes charge in fixing her problem. Like all good Dom’s and “Brokers” a deal with her. He commission (I am using all business terms) Zoe into…submission.

Now the author does give the reader several indicators that he already sees the submissive within her. So his idea is plausible.

The book had me completely jacked up when the male lead placed her in his ideal submissive living conditions. I had to put the book down. I was just not able to functionally go along with this.

There was a scene (in the Club) that was difficult for me though I think that Zoe did well and held her own (mentally) and that was powerful.

The sex was so-so for me. It was not the normal BDSM hot and filthy sex that I often read. I looked at this book, being BDSM involved and this in my mind. The idea of the book was slightly similar to other books but not completely and that is why I was so excited fro this book. The book just did not hold on to me in all chapters. I will say that I did like how they evolved into each other, the quick love, not something I really enjoy but it is what is in most books. Their love was sweet and it looked like it was needed by both of them.

I would like to say that I could give this book the 4 stars rating that I saw other people give. The answer is no. I can’t. It just wasn’t a read I liked.




View all my reviews

No comments: