Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hard Time by Cara McKenna

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It’s not you [the book]. It’s me.

I read, I searched and I did not find the passion or feelings that I had found/read in this authors past books. I know that this is a different book but it is by the same author so I was looking for smut, filth, and orgasms the get me a little wiggly in my seat and want to try at home. What I got was sweet, patience, and two characters making love.

Come on…he is an ex-con who hasn’t had sex in years.

And she is a librarian…Come on… she is all sweet and nice but where are all the clichés, glasses and taking hair down and waving it back and forth to entice him. Really, I wanted her to be a little (kinky/freaky) with her wants in this book.

Okay, now I have to say that the author gave me one time it got spicy (with the mirror) but that was it.

They meet in prison, he has not had sex. She is coming from a bad relationship and is horny. The story is there; well my smutty ideas, it is there.

For the story in general, it was good. The characters all flowed well. The temperament of the characters, again good. This is why I gave it three stars, but with this author, this book, this storyline, all I thought about was some very wiggly (may try you later scenes) that I did not get.

This review is short and sweet because, it is easy for me to get carried away and write about stuff that you will really enjoy in this book and though I like spoilers, I don’t give them. (Unless you ask for it!)

Well as always, Happy Reading.

I received this ARC by NetGalley for an honest review.




No comments: