Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spotlight

This book was very difficult for me to read. I tried for a very long time to read this book. In the beginning, the author lead me in a direction that allowed me [the reader] to believe that Daniel (the famous actor) and Lily (the journalist who has a crush on him) are the romantic interest of the story but this author truly tricked me when that was not the storyline.

I found the story to be very uninteresting and I had difficult continuing to read this book. It was kind of all over the place for me. There was no real balance in the story with the main characters. The two least interesting people were the main focus in this book. I really thought, there would be some twist or love triangle or anything to spice up the story rather than nothing and I truly mean nothing.

I can honestly say that at the beginning of the story, I was intrigued and was eager to see how this book could lead me in a new and interesting way, but it fell short. There were some scenes in the book, which I loved. Seriously, as much I am talking above, I really enjoyed some sections of the book, but these were very small sections and then the rest was blah.

If you have read my blog before, you know that I generally give positive reviews about books. But I cannot find anything great about this. I will say that I want a book two, and not I am not glutton for punishment but I really want this books just so I can read about Daniel. I want to know about his challenges in the “biz”, his fans, the pap’s, and the love of his life. He was so much more interesting than Lily and her man, blah. The great sections in the story were when Daniel had a major part in the book. After all, he is in the spotlight, he is the mega star and the reason the two blah people get together in the first place.

I am going to take a different approach with this review.

Dear Author,
If you have time, could you please write a story about Daniel and how he stays sane with his crazy, very interesting life.

Thank you.

Happy reading.



No comments: