Sunday, January 12, 2014

Three broken promises

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Synposis:
Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.

I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.


“I broken promises. To you, to your parents, to your brother. I don’t want to break any more.”


When the men in Monica’s books love, they love hard. And when the women want it, they take it! Hell yeah!

This book does not have the sweet and easy love. This books love is hard, an angst, passionate, and AWE worthy. This is a book that defines the kind of man that is true. A man, in my opinion, who loves but will be forlorn due to man law and when there is a glitch in the man law, or a hot chick over rules it, then they think with the man-hood.

“I’ve waited this long; I’m dying to see you fall apart.”

“Open your eyes,” his deep voice commands.  “Look at me.”

“I want you to know who’s about to make you come”

You’re so hot. And wet.”

Tell me what you want. Tell me what to do to take you there.”


This story has some serious steam factors. Monica gives you the tease, gets you interested, turns it up a notch, gets you a little moist, and then it is electric and you need a towel to clean up. The imagination this author has and the fits she can lead my mind and body to, WOW.

That Colin, oh my, is one hot alpha male.

I really like Colin and Jen’s characters.

They were the couple that should be but were not. They have this natural way with each other. Truly, the similarity and proximity of attraction, they have this down; they have known each other since potty breaks and nap times; and they are the angst of love.

Jen wants to be with Colin but can’t.  So she makes plans to leave, start her life over without him. (In a cocoon)
Colin wants to be with Jen but can’t. So he lets her go. (Free like a butterfly)

But you want them together; you want the HEA, the ending of all endings.

I don’t want to give away the story except to say: By reading this book you must know that love is not the only thing that can save you from yourself, sometimes it’s the thing that is pushing you away.

Happy reading.


No comments: