Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wrecked

Wrecked (Wrecked, #1)Wrecked by Priscilla West
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.
The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.
Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”
Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “The Hammer.”
Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.
Lorrie knows that Hunter is exactly the type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.
As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?
Lorrie and Hunters story reminds me of a Beautiful Disaster. The friendship is wonderful. Hunter fights to be her friend, to be apart of her life. He knew that he wanted her, needed her, and had to be with her.


Lorrie is afraid of everything. She wants to be a normal girl, and have a normal life. She has had a difficult life and just wants something real.

I really liked this story and the idea of them (Hunter and Lorrie) as a couple. It is refreshing. Their relationship was so interesting and sweet.

Hunter was a different kind of fiction boyfriend. He was straightforward with his wants and needs of Lorrie and I liked this. He did not sugar coat anything. He is a man’s man, he wants what he wants and is patient, until he gets it. And he wants Lorrie. He has wanted her as soon as he met her. She was different, something special. She was his.

His need for her is evident. He is definitely a fighter; for the people he cares about, for himself, and his passion (MMA).

“I like you Lorrie. I really do. You make me laugh, I like hanging out with you. You’re strong and you call me out on my shit. I feel good when I’m around you…”

I took a second to digest all the positive words, nodding slowly in acknowledgement. “But…?”

“But-“ He locked his gaze with mine and I could see his expression had changed from irritated to pained. “-I have feelings or you, Lorrie. Feelings beyond friendship.”

I remained silent.

“You knew I was attracted to you before we even became friends. But that was a while ago, when we were just getting to know one another. You were this beautiful, quirky girl that fell into my life-literally, you fell into a lake and I saved you-and I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you since. I have real feelings for you now, Lorrie. Strong ones.”

My chest tightened at the raw intensity of his gaze and voice. Hunter was baring himself to me in a way he never had before and the anger I had held since stepping into the apartment began to disappear.

I’m not even sure I want these feelings for you because now you have the ability to hurt me. And you do. You push me away. You’re not like other girls to me Lorrie. I can’t just shake it off or ignore it”


This book is so good. It is a great read and the ending has you wanting more. If you liked Beautiful Disaster, Real (Series), and a book where the man is willing to cut the bullshit and fight for his love. This is the book for you.

Happy Reading.


View all my reviews

No comments: