Monday, December 2, 2013

Addicted to You

Addicted to You (Addicted, #1)Addicted to You by Krista Ritchie
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

She's addicted to sex. He's addicted to booze...the only way out is rock bottom.

No one would suspect shy Lily Calloway's biggest secret. While everyone is dancing at college bars, Lily stays in the bathroom. To get laid. Her compulsion leads her to one-night stands, steamy hookups and events she shamefully regrets. The only person who knows her secret happens to have one of his own.

Loren Hale's best friend is his bottle of bourbon. Lily comes at a close second. For three years, they've pretended to be in a real relationship, hiding their addictions from their families. They've mastered the art of concealing flasks and random guys that filter in and out of their apartment.

But as they sink beneath the weight of their addictions, they cling harder to their destructive relationship and wonder if a life together, for real, is better than a lie. Strangers and family begin to infiltrate their guarded lives, and with new challenges, they realize they may not just be addicted to alcohol and sex.

Their real vice may be each other.

This book had me on an emotional rollercoaster. I had to take multiple breaks from reading just to allow my mind to process all the new layers in the story. Lil and Lo are phenomenal characters. All the supporting cast (towards the end) are wonderful and are beautifully written into the story.

I was an advocate for their non/ true love story. In this story you see two adults struggling to be in society and not have their secrets brought to light. You also see how they truly care for one another and love each other through their faults.

Each time a new chapter was introduced I was presented a dramatic scene and then some piece of solace.

In the beginning we see the teasing in their relationship, though it is fake.

He licks his bottom lip and leans closer to whisper, “In this moment, I’m yours.”
His hands run through the armholes of my shirt and he settles them on my bare shoulder blades.
I hold my breath and immobilizes. I am a statue.
“And as your boyfriend,” he murmurs, “I really hate to share.”
Then he playfully nibbles my neck, and I smack him on the arm but fall victim to his teasing.

Suddenly his lips close together, kissing, sucking the base of my neck, and trailing upward. My limbs tremble, and I hold tightly to his belt loops.

Then he slips his tongue inside my mouth, and I forget about the fakeness of his actions and believe for this moment, that he’s truly mine.

Then the truthiness of Lil’s addiction is presented.

After a long moment, something clicks in his head, horrified. “Tell me you didn’t blow some guy.”

That was so funny. I laughed so hard. I am sure my household wondered why I could not stop.
This is how the book is my Matterhorn. They get you so high  (sorry Lil and Lo, there is a pun intended) laughing, panting, sated (oh my), and then in shock. Then they bring you down, fast, leaving you crying and gasping for air.

Overall and Recommendations:
I have given you a small taste but you should most definitely have the entire meal. It is worth the ride. The book is about life, their the POV of a sex crazed addict who really just wants to be loved, satisfied, normal, and FREE.

This is a series and a darn good one. So get some tissue and be somewhere you can laugh so hard no one will stare and read this book.

Happy Reading Bibliophias (Addicted to reading books).


View all my reviews

No comments: